Tuesday 6 May 2014

Met Gala 2014 - The Best, The Worst and The Bizarre.

Hey Lovlies.

So today I thought I would switch it up a little and do a little bit of a different blog post. Just before I make any comments on peoples dress sense, I am in no way saying that I have good dress sense because I know I don't! But these are a few of my opinions and I thought it would be fun! So here are my thoughts on the best and worst dressed at the 2014 Met Gala.






I'm in two minds with this Oscar de la Renta dress... I don't know if i like it or not and they say that with fashion, if you like it you will know instantly, if you can't decide then its not meant to be. Sarah Jessica Parker has always been huge in the fashion industry but it doesn't necessarily mean that its a good thing. I think that she has pulled better outfits out the bag than this one. Sorry SJP!













This is every inch perfection. The silhouette on this dress is just every bit stunning. The black and white obiviously go perfectly but the whole cut on this dress has done wonders for her shape! Hailee Steinfeld is only 17 but she oozes maturity and sofistication in this gown. It's the perfect mix of modern with this neckline but then still Met appropriate with the beautiful A line shape skirt. Thumbs up!













The who ever says 'less is more' is completely correct when it comes to this dusty pink gown. Rachel McAdams looked effortlessly chic in her Ralph Lauren gown, teamed with subtle make up and minimal jewellery. She really got it on point and espically with her light skin tone, it really compliments her skin.














I'm really not sure what Zoe Saldana was thinking with this gown.. Whats worse is that this was designed by the one and only Michael Kors which is even more disapointing! The shape is just all wrong! I think that if you removed that odd piece of elastic holding in the middle section of the skirt and made it all black or all of that pattern then it would have been okay. I just don't understand!













I think that Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley has made a very risky move that has paid off well with this outfit. Yes I am a little disapointed that shes not in a gown but I think the colour and the style looks so good on her so its got to be a winner. These are the the fashion risks worth taking and I think that she looks stunning in this dress.














Sandra Lee was obviously channeling her inner Cinderella in this dress. In fact, if Cinderella were real, she would probably turn down the offer to borrow this gown. I'm not sure that she got the invitation right, its the Met Gala, not a Disney bride dress up contest! I'm sorry but seriously? This is awful and there are no words!














I am and probably always will be a Kardashian fan. Judge me if you wish, I'll still love them! Kim Kardashian has done well with this gown. I think it really is stunning and after last years humiliating attempt in that floral gown, I think that she has actually pulled back her dignity and she deserves a round of applause! This midnight blue gown by Lanvin suited her curvy figure perfectly by clinching in at the waste with a simple black belt. I think she could have gone a little further with the hair but other than that, shes done well!










I really love Kate Upton but this just so disappointing. This dress was made by D&G and like I said with the Michael Kors gown, its disappointing to see such a well respected designer come out this such a poor design. Along with the head dress, its just a disaster from start to finish and I thought that she would have better sense than to wear something that looks like its underwear in the victorian times.








Lupita Nyong'o has made a some great fashion statements since her film debut last year but this is definitely not something i expected from her. I think that the colour is fabulous on her and it seriously compliments her skin but the style was a risk that I think didn't pay off. I liked it when she was keeping it much more simpler and if this dress had less netting and no feathers then it would have been okay but i think she took it too far!












When I first looked at this dress, I thought that it was a dusty pink colour but once I actually looked it has light blue patches which I really like.I love the cut and shape of the gown, its classic but then with these colours that are on the dress, I feel like its gives it a slightly qwerky look to it which I really like! I think that Hayden Panettiere looks very pretty in this gown!














Victoria Beckham does it again with her keen eye for fashion.This gown from her own line is crisp clean and every bit elegant. Teamed with some simple jewellery and simple hair, she really deserves the crown for stylish yet minimal. Victoria really knows how to design a gown and will make us eager to see more of her designs.






A lot of you will probably swoon over Beyonce because its Beyonce and i can see why because she is fierce but I'm just not feeling it in this outfit. We all know how capable she is after dropping a whole album on us without warning and it still selling out but this dress doesn't say Beyonce. I feel like she could have done more! I still think she's the bee's knee's though!











Jessica Alba looks so good this Diane Von Furstenburg gown. The gold lace looks stunning with her skin tone and the shape looks perfect on her. She really does know how to make a good statement when it comes to red carpet. I think that the gold dress gives off a slight sexiness with the low cut but it just looks so beautiful on her that i can definitely give it a thumbs up!






As soon as I saw this was a Clavin Klein gown, I thought to myself, of course it is! CK has always know how to make a effortlessly clean cut item of fashion and they made no expections with this dress. The bold colour suits Anne Hathaway down to a T with her fair skin tone. I just love how its a perfectly simple gown but they gave it that edge making it a crop top and a skirt with a slit in the front. Beautiful!












Although i have to admit that this is a strange pose and then I was looking for a photo, Lake Bell really doesn't know how to pose. Nether the less, she has dressed her bump perfectly. It must be so hard to make a gown look and feel good when you're pregnant but she has done it perfectly. The colour for starters suits her skin tone well and the dress falls beautifully over her bump to make her look chic yet comfortable. 













I wanted to finish with the one and only Kylie Minogue. This dress made by Marchesa is a beautiful cut on her. The style of the dress does remind me of the Greek and how they draped and tied white material over themselves so when I saw that it was gold leaf detailing, I was impressed as the two go beautifully together! Kylie is every inch beautiful as is this gown.














No comments:

Post a Comment