Monday 21 July 2014

Rimmel Alpocalips Is Basically The Bomb Diggity...




I haven't been big on lip products until about 5 months ago. Ever since then, I've been keen to try any type of lippy possible!
I think these have been on the market for quite a while now but I'm never one to keep up with the new things on the market so I've only just discovered it. It is the Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse.
The Rimmel Apocalips are lip lacquers and if you're not sure on what a lip lacquer is, its basically a liquid lipsticks as they have great pigmentation, they also have no wax in them and normally come in a lipgloss like packaging.
This is the first lip lacquer I have tried and on first impressions, it's like they've taken the good bits of a lipstick and a lip gloss and made this beautiful creation. It's true love!
It's so soft on my lips and the pigmentation is great for it being a liquid as you sometimes think that because it becomes liquid, it can thin it out but thats not the case with this beauty. I enjoy the texture on my lips as all though it drys out, which is the only negative, it doesn't make my lips super dry like some lip products do. I feel like I'm talking so fast because I'm that excited about the Apocalips!
Onto the colour. This colour is the perfect nude colour for my lips, it's got a slight peachy undertone in it which is nice as it makes the lips look brighter rather than flat beige. I actually had a slight tan over the weekend so my face was a warmer tone and this product actually really enhanced the natural glow in my skin and made me look nice and healthy!
Like I said earlier, its not the not long lasting lip product so if you're eating or drinking you will have to apply after but I personally don't find that a major issue.

Has anyone else tried it? Leave me your links if you have tired any other shades!
P.S Please excuse the bad photography..

14 comments:

  1. I really like the Apocalips line, I have three of them now -- "Apocaliptic", "Stellar" and "Big Bang"! I agree that they have a beautiful colour and texture, but I've also found them to bleed and feather! I'm currently experimenting with a lip primer to see if it helps, and I really hope it does.

    http://beautypadawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you have an posts on that, i'd love to see your review! xx

      Delete
  2. ooh I love that colour! Perfect for Summer. I've been meaning to try out the Apocalips range for a while. How much is it? x

    theisleofiona.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try it as its amazing! they retail for £6.49 which is a bargain really! xx

      Delete
  3. I have heard so much about this product but for some reason thought it only came in super bright pinks or reds. This shade is absolutely perfect! I will definitely be stocking up when I next hit boots.


    Lovely post,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no there's actually quite a good shade range! I definitely need to have an investigate the whole range, buy one get one half price on all rimmel in boots at the minute! xx

      Delete
  4. I've never been tempted to try this before, but I've only seen the bright colours. LOVE the nude, what a gorgeous shade! Going to have to pick some up!

    Sarah xx
    seriouslyshallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good nude, I was originally put off by the colours but then i found this gem!xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds lovely and the shade is gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I haven't tried this yet! Lovely review
    http://the-fairest-of-them.blogspot.co.uk/
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this brand of lip laquer! Amazing.

    SophiesTipsandPicks

    ReplyDelete