Thursday 17 April 2014

First Impression! YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick

Hey guys.

So if you follow me on twitter then you would have seem that I had a little delivery today whilst sat work! I have had my eye on the YSL Lipstick range for quite a long time and I finally decided to purchase one. I personally like to buy a lipstick colour that I know is going to suit me and I'm going to get good use out of, that's why I got Number 1 Nude Beige.
Now I have heard mixed reviews about this lipstick, some say that they think it's not worth the money as it feels quite cheap but I do want to state that it does say that it is silky so it is initially going for the lighter feel rather than the thicker lipsticks avalible.
Please excuse the bad lighting and no swatches.. I couldn't get a light to do it justice!


Look
Well we all know that it looks amazing! I love the packaging, it's so pretty and I love the idea of the different colours to match the lipstick shade on the tube. The design is stunning!

Application
It's pretty smooth on the lips and definitely does glide on beautifully. I like that the lipstick shape is smaller so application is more precise.

Finish
I would say that the finish of this lipstick is an intense sheen. I can't say that it's a glossy finish because it's really not but it definitely does have that slightly shiney look.

Colour
I love the colour of this! This is quite a plain colour, I'd say it's definitely a beige but with a baby pink undertone and it does have a good colour pay off.

Pros
Feels so silky on my lips! It's so lightweight which personally I love as I'm just starting out in the lipstick scene so I don't want anthing too heavy.

Cons
I didn't wear this lipstick for a long time but I could already tell that it's definitely not going to be long lasting. It's no major issue but I know that I'm going to have to reapply a few times during the day.





Overall, I am a stucker for the packaging I'm not going to lie...! But apart from how obsessed I am with the packaging, I really like this lipstick as I think that is good for first time lipstick users because of the light and soft texture.

Do you have any YSL lipsticks? Leave you links below, I'd love to have a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment