Wednesday 14 January 2015

All About That Base..

A new base upgrade was a long time coming. I've never experimented much with high end foundations as I wanted to get matched and that meant going to a Debenhams or John Lewis etc which is around 45 minutes away so I only really go when I have lots to get.
When I was doing my Christmas shopping, I popped in House of Fraser and accidentally stumbled on the Nars counter... Okay, we all know it wasn't an accident but I thought that I deserved a little Christmas present too?! Don't act like you didn't buy yourself a couple of treats either!
I've had my eye on a number of foundations for a while but I suffer from really quite oily skin so the Nars Sheer Matte foundation seemed like a good place to start. 
I wasn't originally going to buy the concealer but I felt that as I was buying the foundation, I should buy that too to give me a whole new base routine instead of mixing and matching. Besides, I have stuck to the same concealer for a very long time now so it's nice to shake it up.
Firstly, the foundation has its pros and cons. The pro's are the coverage is build able which is something I'm a really big fan of as I like to change my coverage for the weather or the occasion I'm going to. Another pro is the wear. With my skin being oily, this foundation bodes so well with it that it lasts a good amount of time. It sinks into the skin beautifully and gives a lovely, natural finish. The con is that it doesn't come with a pump. Now this may not be much to you, but when you live 40 minutes away from being able to get hold of a pump, it's highly frustrating. I could order one online so it's not too bad but I'm going to wait until I get to a Nars counter next Friday. I was excited for the foundation but peeved when I got it home to find no pump!
I got the concealer in the same colour as the foundation because I suffer from just dark under eyes, I needed to cover and conceal rather than highlight so I want to our base something else to give me that night effect - let me know if you know any good ones, I'm thinking one of the MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter's but let me know if they're worth it!
The consistency of the concealer is great, good coverage, it does crease but all concealers crease on me, even MAC Pro Longwear so its not too much of an issue.
Overall, I'm loving the combination of the two, it's nice to have make up for weekends or special occasion and there is so many pro's to this foundation. If you're looking for a new base combo, go check out the Nars counter!
Does anyone else have the Nars Sheer Matte foundation? Let me know your thoughts! 


5 comments:

  1. I wasn't fussed on sheer glow, it didn't work with my dry skin. But I do adore their primer.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nars foundations and concealers- they're well worth the hype. I love the Mac Prep + Prime Highlighters, hands down one of my favourite products so would definitely recommend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using my mums foundation & concealer that she got for Christmas and I'm not a huge fan. I know, I shouldn't say it!! But its true.
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mix some MAC strobe cream in with your foundation hun rather than the prep and prime I love it! The Anastasia Beverly Hills concealer a are amazing we use them in my MUA class I also like the NXY pots xx

    Lucy
    Prettylittlethingsmcr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete