Sunday 7 June 2015

USA Highstreet Picks





It feels like it was forever ago since I was in America, I seriously cannot wait to go back!
Whilst I was out there, of course I was going to go to the drugstores and find some of the cult beauty buys that aren't available in the UK. Whilst in the various stores such as Target, CVS and Walgreens, I noticed that the US had such a bigger range of products from every brand than the UK?! For instance, I have noticed that in the UK, to find a good blusher from the drugstore is not that easy but the US have such a huge range of blushers from every brand!
Come on UK, catch up.
Anyway, in a quick run down, here is what I purchased.

Milani Baked Blush in 01 Dolce Pink & 10 Deliziozo Pink
If you don't already own any of the Milani Baked Blushes then I promise you, you're missing out. These are such good quality for the price (around $8.50 = £5.50ish) and despite the slightly cheap feeling packaging, the product inside is seriously something else. As you can see from the swatches, with one swipe, its instant colour pay off which is more than what you can say for some brands at 4x the cost. Milani is slowly making its way over here with it popping up on more websites so keep your eye out for them!

Maybeline Dream Bouncy Blush
Ive had a little look since I've been back and I'm very sure that this product isn't available in the UK. I really don't know why as is such a pretty blusher! It has a strange bouncy feel and the finish has beautiful sheen to it. I really do love it and there were quite a few other colours available too which is always a winner! This has to come to the UK, everyone will love it for summer.

Milani Lipsticks in Matte Blissful & Pink Frost
The lipsticks really do follow on from the great quality you get with the blushers. The packaging feels better than the blushers and the colour block on the bottom is always a winner for me as its easier to pick a colour that way. Both lipsticks are so creamy and pigmented, and they come in such a wide range of colours. Unfortunately there wasn't many available for me to choose from but I really wanted to pick up at least two. Just to add, Milani needs to bring out more matte finish shades as that formula is something else! 

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Light Bronze Pearl
I had heard good things about the Physicians Formula highlighters and as you can't get it in the UK I was happy to pick one up. There were a few different shades but I went for this bronze glow one as I have a tan, I felt it was appropriate! I think this was around $10 which is £6.50ish and I think thats a great price for what you get. Yes, the packaging isn't great but the product inside is very soft and pigmented so a little goes a long way.

Maybeline Age Rewind Concealer in Fair and Light
I know this is avalible in the UK but the lightest shade is always sold out and the only shades we have here are light, medium and dark! I didn't know what colour I would be so I bought both fair and light because I know I'm never as dark as medium and I like to have the lighter colour under my eyes to cover up the hideous bags!

EOS Lip Balm
Pretty self explanatory really, as you can get them in Selfridges. But why spent £6 in Selfridges when I could buy one for £2! I have a couple of them now, I just think they're really good lip balms to have and they smell so good! I've never personally had any problems with them, I know some peoples lips have reacted to them but they leave my lips silky smooth!



7 comments:

  1. I always stock up on EOS lip balms when i'm over in the States - they're far more affordable and they usually have a lot bigger range too! I definitely need to try the Maybelline Concealer out soon.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I need some Milani in my life but I'm not going to the States, Beauty Crowd will have to do!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The milani baked blush is stunning! I recently ordered some online and i am super impressed with them x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Milani Baked Blush!

    http://kissand-make-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore Milani blushers, I always pick mine up from Amazon so I have a little collection now! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you picked up some really good things on your trip to the US! The pigmentation on these products look amazing!! I wish we had Milani products in UK stores! Great post :)

    Neelam // neelamjayna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete