Thursday 20 March 2014

Arbonne Week: Day Three!

Hey Guys!

First of all I want to apologise for not actually doing the day three on the third day. I just did not have the time! So I'm sorry!
Is anyone else feeling like this week is going super quick?! I'm lucky as I have Friday off so i have a 4 day week for the next 3 weeks! yay!
So it is Day Three of my Arbonne review week and i wanted to just talk about two of their cosmetics products. The samples i am reviewing today are the Make Up Primer and the Sheer Glow Highlighter.




I only have two primers in my life and that is the Nivea 24 hour hydration primer and the Benefit Porefessional. I have never really ventured into primers (let me know if you any good ones!) but i felt it was a good opportunity to new ones as I'm like a clean slate! This primer was translucent but had a skin tone pigment in it and had that silicone feel to it that left my skin feeling smoothed out before foundation application. Im slightly in two minds about it. Although i liked the way it made my skin feel, it had a slight plasticy scent to it which slightly put me off!





On to the Sheer Glow Highlighter. It is a cream coloured highlighter with a slight pink undertone. It
is incredibly sheer and it is incredibly beautiful!! I applied my foundation as I normally would and I highlighted before contour as I wanted to make sure I could fix it easily if it went wrong but I was surprised! Gave me skin such a beautiful shine to it, I was so impressed! It blended so nicely in my skin and gave it that something extra.





Overall, i'm not really into the primer but i would definitely purchase the Sheer Glow Highlighter as i think that it would be really nice during the summer time when you wear a little less make up but still want that extra glow!




Sheer Glow Highlighter is £31 and can be purchased from their website, here.
Make Up Primer is £26 and can be purchased from their website, here.



5 comments:

  1. the highlighter looks lovely! im quite tempted myself! i'd love it if youd check out my blog and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/lovedenim-with-debenhams.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is really really beautiful! Very sheer colour :) x

      Delete
    2. Hi Amy,
      I'm on Twitter @julesarbonne or email www.juliecunningham.myarbonne.co.uk please message me if I can help you in any way. We have great discounts available too that I could explain to you. You can also find more information and browse on my website www.juliecunningham.myarbonne.co.uk
      Thanks, Julie : )

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear that you did not get on well with the primer. Obviously not all products suit all people and I'm sort this wasn't the primer for you. Our primer is a top selling product that has won awards up against all the big name primers and has an average rating on Total Beauty reviews of 9.5 out of 10. The feedback I've had to date has all been positive on this particular product and people usually love the feel on their skin (as you said that it made your skin feel smooth and you liked the feel) and it's usually compared to feeling like velvet or silk on the skin as it smooths out fine lines and pores to create the perfect canvas for your make up . It's also vitamin enriched so it nourishes the skin. As for the smell, we don't have any synthetic fragrances or dyes in our products and pride ourselves on our pure, safe and beneficial tagline so the plastic scent/ feel would not align with this. Our products don't contain dangerous preservatives and so have an expiration date which is much shorter than products packed with preservatives to give them very long shelf lives. That is the only explanation I can think of for the sample smell because it definitely won't be plasticy. Sorry that your experience was not good with the sample and that it did not suit your skin. On the other hand, delighted that you loved the sheer glow highlighter. It is another wonder product in my eyes another reason that Arbonne consultants have such a healthy glow. Please visit my website www.juliecunningham.myarbonne.co.uk for more information on these products : )

    ReplyDelete